The Coocheer Solar Arc Tig Mig Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet is designed for arc welding and cutting jobs such as MIG, MAG, TIG, SMAW and plasma arc. It is a high-quality helmet useful for hobbyists, and even for everyday welding projects. It also features a patriotic theme design with the eagle and American flag on the sides.
Features of the Coocheer Solar Arc Tig Mig Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet
- Product dimensions: 10.6 x 10.6 x 9.4 inches
- Weight: 1.5 pounds
- The mask is built using polypropylene material painted with stars, stripes, and an eagle.
- Auto-darkening feature. Striking an arc is easy when wearing this helmet as it automatically switches from a light shade to a darker one in just a fraction of time, specifically in 1/30000 seconds or less on normal temperature conditions. It has 2 arc sensors for detecting arc initiation.
- Turn time (from dark to bright) can be adjusted between 0.15 seconds to 0.8 seconds.
- Grinding function
- Window size. A viewing area that measures 3.74 x 1.87 x 0.23 inches will let you adequately inspect your work surface area.
- Solar-powered. Never worry about repeatedly replacing old batteries with new ones because this helmet runs efficiently on solar power. It operates on high quality lithium batteries recharged by solar cells. Battery life is expected to last for up to 10 years. Regular exposure to sunlight is required to charge the batteries even when not in use.
- Choose to protect your eyes using a variety of shades without the need to switch out glass filters. This helmet has the shades #9-#13 to choose from on the welding setting. When using the grinding mode, your lens will have the #4 shade that is perfect to use for sparks.
- Adjustable sensitivity and delay time.
- Offers 16 levels of UV and IR protection.
- Includes two protective sheets.
- An affordable welding helmet with an auto-darkening feature.
- A grinding function
- It runs on solar power which eliminates the need to change batteries often.
- Can be used for all types of electro-welding projects except laser welding.
- Has improved optics for 1/2/1/3 denomination for optimum optical clarity to reduce eye fatigue.
- Has an LED low-battery indicator
- Protection against UV rays and IR rays are still present in the case of electric failure.
- According to one customer who reviewed the product, further increasing protection by adding additional precautions on the top part of the helmet is recommended.
The Coocheer Solar Arc Tig Mig Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet offers similar features that you can also see in more high-end welding helmets at a low price point. This is a great deal for people who are looking to buy an affordable auto-darkening welding helmet.
According to most reviews, it works great and looks great also with the patriotic theme it has. It offers variable shades to protect your eyes and has a grinding mode option that some high-end models do not offer.
The XDH Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is an alternative option when it comes to an affordable auto-darkening welding helmet. It has a large screen that lets you see your work surface and your immediate surroundings.
It offers variable shade settings from dark shades #9 to #13. While the lighter shade #4 is provided for the grinding option. With regards to following safety standards, this helmet conforms with CE and ANSI Z87 standards.
It also offers protection 16 levels of UV rays and IR rays. It is very light with only a weight of approx. 1 pound which lessens the occurrence of neck fatigue if used for longer periods. The auto-darken feature transitions from a light shade to a darker shade instantaneously as soon as the welding arc is detected.
Switching from dark to light is also fast. According to one positive review about this helmet, the viewing screen changes the color of the slag to a neon electric green for clearer and better visibility.
You can also consider the AUDEW Auto Darkening Welding Helmet which is also painted with a patriotic design consisting of the American flag and an eagle. It features a wide viewing screen that measures 3.62 x 1.66 inches.
This allows you to have a clear picture of your weld site and the surrounding area. It runs on lithium batteries with solar charging so you don’t have to worry about changing batteries often.
The auto-darkening feature offers a variety of shades to choose from in welding mode. Select from shades 9 to 13 based on the ambient light conditions of your work area and the amps you’re running.
It also has a grinding mode that uses the shade #4 which is suitable for sparks. Shade transitions from light to dark in as fast as 1/30000 seconds. Sensitivity to light can be adjusted according to what suits you.
The XDH Auto Darkening Welding Helmet is the best option if affordability tops your list of requirements. It has all the features offered by the other two auto-darkening welding helmets but at a lesser price point. It’s lightweight and responds quickly to light changes like more expensive models.