The Neiko 53847A Industrial-Grade Welding Helmet is an excellent choice for amateur and expert welders who want a lightweight passive lens helmet that is affordable and reliable in terms of safety and performance.
Features of the Neiko 53847A Industrial Grade Welding Helmet
- Product dimensions: 11.5 x 9.5 x 7.6 inches
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Flip lens. A built-in passive viewing lens will give you total protection from infrared and ultraviolet light which are known to harm the eyes if viewed continuously, especially without proper protection. The flip lens has an attached magnifying glass to enlarge small objects that needs to be welded.
- Two-way Adjustable Headband. Flexible adjustments can be made with the headband for a more comfortable fit, whether your head is narrow or large.
- Large viewing area. Offering clear work visibility, this helmet has a viewing lens that measures 2 x 4 1/4 inches. With a wide field of view, you can see more area thus producing more quality and precise welding jobs compared to having a standard-sized viewing lens.
- The flip up lens carries the #11 shade for easy viewing of welded objects and surface during the actual welding process.
- Complies with the ANSI requirement Z87.1-2010 for RX safety eyewear.
- Compared to similar products that offer the same features, the Neiko 53847A Industrial Grade Welding Helmet is relatively lower priced.
- Most customers were satisfied and impressed with how durable it is and according to some of them, they have been using it for years.
- It offers a two-way adjustability options for a more balanced and comfortable fit on the head.
- The helmet is lightweight, and comfortable to wear.
- Offers a big viewing area for a more precise welding performance.
- Offers ultraviolet and infrared light protection.
- Affordable welding helmet
- A few people who reviewed the product were not able to use it for long because it easily broke down.
- Because it is a flip lens model, you always have to be prepared to manually adjust the lens down and cover your eyes. This can be quite a hassle if you have to do it repeatedly.
- Some people reported that the helmet has the tendency to slip and may need constant adjustments.
The Neiko 53847A Industrial-Grade Welding Helmet with Flip Lens is a great buy if you want an affordable helmet that can effectively protect you from the dangers of welding. Beginners and even experienced welders find this product useful for light welding requirements.
The Hobart 770286 Flip Front Welding Helmet is also another entry-level product worth considering as it has similar features that the Neiko 53847A offers. This classic welding helmet has the traditional flip front lens with a single filter lens with the #10 shade.
Because of this design, you are required to manually cover your eyes with the shade lens before you start welding. This also means you have to manually flip the lens back up in order to inspect your work.
This welding helmet also offers protection against harmful UV and IR rays and complies with the modern safety standards set by ANSI. It has an adequate viewing area measuring 4 1/2 x 2 inches and a weight of 15.2 ounces.
Like most entry-level welding helmets, the material used to provide protection for the whole face is textured plastic. You can adjust the fit of the helmet according to what suits you with a few tweaks using its rotary knob for tension adjustments.
Another alternative option is the Huntsman W20 490P Welding Helmet. This basic, no-fuss helmet is equipped with a fixed-shade #10 lens to protect your eyes from the welding arc.
For inspection and grinding mode, you can easily switch to a lighter shade lens by swiping a lever on top of the helmet instead of the usual flip front style. Durability is also a highlight for this model since the material used for this helmet is recycled carbon fiber, which is strong enough to withstand everyday wear and tear.
Because of the quick-slide method used in switching lens, this helmet can be used when working in tight spaces. It also has heat resistant capabilities that enables it to deflect heat, smoke and particles.
What’s great about this helmet is it gives the user an option to add an auto-darkening lens insert if preferred.
The Neiko 53847A Industrial-Grade Welding Helmet with Flip Lens is the best option if you want a versatile, affordable and upgradeable welding helmet. This helmet may be more costly, however, the features it offers such as implementing the option to add an auto-darkening filter lens is well worth the investment.